Member code of conduct
All members are required as a condition of their membership to adhere to the following code of conduct.
Early Onset Parkinson’s Disease (EOPD.ie) is a peer-to-peer membership organisation with a strong sense of community and support among our members We are committed to maintaining and promoting a community where members can engage with each other in a supportive and mutually respectful manner.
All members are required as a condition of their membership to adhere to the following code of conduct. Failure to do so may lead to you and/or your organisation being removed as a member.
All EOPD.ie members are expected to:
- Show respect for all other members of the organisation.
- Be polite, honest and supportive of other members.
- Always strive to uphold good practice in their communications and uphold the reputation of EOPD.ie.
- Not discriminate against, bully or harass others on the basis of: cultural and role difference, including (but not exclusively) those involving age, disability, education, ethnicity, gender, language, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital or family status and socio-economic status.
- Not knowingly act in a manner inconsistent with this code, or knowingly cause or permit others to do so.
- Respect the privacy of members on the closed Facebook page. Do not copy or use any comments or material therein. All information is confidential on this page. Do not direct message members in this group unless you have their permission. Please do not give your personal details such as your telephone number.
Breach of the Code of Conduct
A complaint regarding a breach of the code of conduct may be made by anyone, whether they are a EOPD.ie member or not.
In the first instance, please direct your complaint in writing to the member of the team who provided the service related to the alleged breach of conduct (e.g., the events team if it happened during an event). Please contact email@example.com
Alternatively, please get in touch with our Company secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaint should be submitted within two months of the alleged breach of conduct.