We are seeking Director for our Voluntary Board of Directors.
Early Onset Parkinson’s Disease CLG (EOPD.ie) is a completely voluntary registered charity, providing peer Early Onset Parkinson’s support all over Ireland. We are a small but committed team with big plans for the future of the charity. As a new dynamic charity formed on the 7 Dec 2020.
We value diversity and welcome applications from interested people from all sections of the community who are skilled and motivated to support the delivery of the mission of the charity.
All Directors are asked to become members of the charity.
Visit our website https://eopd.ie/ for more information about EOPD.ie and our work.
EOPD.ie plan to have 6 board meeting per year, with quarterly working groups meetings (usually on the same date as board meetings).
Meetings are held via teams. Time commitment per meeting is 1.5 hours.
Board Directors are not remunerated, but reasonable travel and subsistence allowances are paid. Openness and transparency are key requirements so all potential conflicts of interest must be declared on application.
Expectations of EOPD.ie Board Members:
- Commitment to the aims, objectives, policies, procedures, and codes of practice of EOPD.ie.
- Willingness to work as part of a team to deliver success for EOPD.ie.
- Attend regular EOPD.ie board meetings.
- Be responsible for Board decisions and work to ensure those decisions are implemented.
- Familiarity with the policies, procedures, and Strategic Plan of EOPD.ie.
- Actively support and promote the work of EOPD.ie.
- Maintain boundaries and confidentiality of EOPD.ie and act in the best interests of the organisation.
Role and responsibilities of the EOPD.ie board of Directors:
- Ensure EOPD.ie has an appropriate legal structure and is representative.
- Deliver our commitments in SLAs with our funders.
- With the EOPD.ie manager, develop the overall vision, aims and objectives of EOPD.ie.
- Make policy decisions and develop internal policies, procedures, and codes of practice.
- Ensure all staff, the Board and volunteers abide by the policies and procedures of EOPD.ie.
- Ensure EOPD.ie fulfils its legal obligations.
- Ensure accountabilities for all EOPD.ie financial matters.
- Positively represent EOPD.ie in all respects.
Applicants with a track record in one or more of the following, are particularly welcome:
- The governance of voluntary, community, non-profit sector organisations, social enterprise or have similar experience gained in other sectors.
- Accounting / Financial Guidance
- Legal or Company Governance Guidance
- Business / Project Management
- Engineering/ Architecture / Facilities management
- Administration/ Change Management/ Human Resource Management
- Marketing / Public Relations.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for applying, addressed to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 29th September 2023